A lot of the challenges we go through in life comes from our upbringing and our behavior.
For us to be excellent people at home, at work or in any society, it’s important that we get trained on how to develop a behavioral strategy that is respectful and effective.
Today my focus is for organisations. As they engage their employees with this training, this enables the entire organisation to build a safe, professional work culture in the workplace.
There are few tips to take note of when training your employees on how to develop a healthy behavioral management strategy.
1. Take Responsibility for your Behavior– You are the C.E.O of your life and you have the power to learn good behavior, you have the power to change the way you behave if it’s affecting you at work, causing you friction with your bosses, business partners, co-workers or your employees.
You are first a leader of your own life.
You have to first be willing to make necessary positive changes in your mindset and your behavior. It’s for your own good. Developing the will power to accept where you need to cut back on your excesses, it’s the first step of responsibility.
2. Maintaining a Positive & Unbiased approach – In handling issues in the workplace, you need to develop an unbiased mindset, a professional and balanced approach will go a long way in dealing with different people. Try as much as possible, not to take things too personally so you don’t get emotionally exhausted when they do things that cause offenses. Understanding that some people are difficult to work with. Spare yourself the stress to respond aggressively but rather deal with it objectively.
3. Be a kind Observer – Being a kind observer enables you to understand the people you work with from a place of empathy. Understanding that you all have shortcomings will give everyone a team spirit mindset.
A kind observer knows when a colleague or employer needs help at work or on a project.
They observe the body language of others and know when to reach out or to cut back on being pushy on a project. It’s important that everyone in your organisation is trained and constantly reminded of the importance of these behavioral management techniques.
4. Create Daily Positive Work Affirmations – We have to be intentional about how we think, our mental health is the bedrock of any human being. If you don’t accept or believe in yourself how then can you be a change agent in your workplace? Creating daily positive affirmations enables you to create the life you want with your words and that includes your behavior management strategy at the workplace.
5. Know your strength and Weakness – Being an excellent professional does not mean you can do everything. Know when to ask for help, as a leader, know when to delegate duties and remember it’s teamwork. I would say know your strength and improve on your weaknesses. Don’t stay stuck, unwilling to learn and adapt to new changes. Your weakness might be that you are not yet digital in your approach to your work or maybe some sort not completely yet, so you can ask for help, delegate but still create the time and goal to learn how to work digitally.
Now in another case, you still can’t know or do everything to avoid being burnt out, which can affect your mood at work. Self-awareness and self-mastery are important to operate at your highest level of potential. I gave two examples of knowing your strengths and weaknesses. We can focus on our strengths, build on it while we find ways to reduce the knowledge gaps.
6. Give Report- With a clear communication strategy in place, employees should be encouraged to share their experiences after any incident. It allows them to distress, it enables them to express their entire experience. In your report acknowledge what went well and areas where there is a need for improvement.
When you are equipped with effective, respectful, positive behavior management strategies in your organisations, everyone will be able to handle difficult people with professionalism and confidence. It’s possible to have workplaces where even top managers and leaders are trained with these techniques.
We need to be practical during this training making it easy for everyone to understand and apply it daily.
Another way to build this into your organisation is to train your entire organisation periodically and create uniformed affirmations that create a positive, respectful and effective behavioral management strategy.
Until next week where we will talk more about another interesting topic. Let me know if you love these tips and how you plan to implement them. Remember to speak to us at La Pax Life Project if you need our service for this training.