The number of dead has risen to five as two more lifeless bodies on Thursday were recovered from the rubbles at the scene of Tuesday’s explosion at Bodija area of Ibadan, Oyo State capital.
Temitope Alonge , the head of emergency operations centre for the evacuation and rescue of victims involved in blast disclosed said the two lifeless bodies were found on Thursday.
The former Chief Medical Director, CMD of the University College Hospital, UCH, Ibadan stated who spoke with journalists at the scene of the blast said that his team would continue it’s search for survivors until all victims were accounted for.
According to him, the storm is yet to settle, but it’s time to pick up what is left of the disaster site of Tuesday’s deadly explosion iBodija in the ancient city of Ibadan which has left five victims dead and about 77 sustaining varying degrees of injuries.
“Earth moving equipment had been deployed to the scene to clear the debris and perhaps rescue more victims.The Operations Emergency team are also on ground to ensure the smooth flow of evacuation.”
“Residents who are fortunate to pick what is left of their property, have headed for safer locations as the state government had ordered an evacuation due to safety concerns,” he said.
asualties in the Tuesday’s deadly explosion at the Aderinola Street, of Old Bodija area of Ibadan, have risen to five
Recall as at Wednesday, three deaths were recorded with 77 persons sustaining injuries.