President Bola Tinubu issued a warning on Monday to his son, Seyi and others regarding their unauthorised entry into the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meetings, where critical national matters are discussed. He stressed that such disruptions must cease immediately.
“Last week, I noticed the undue access of people sneaking in and out of this council, including… I saw the photograph of my son, Seyi, sitting behind. That is not acceptable. I will announce to you those people who are supposed to be here,” Tinubu said.
President Tinubu referred to his Special Advisers on Policy Coordination, Hadiza Usman; Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga; Principal Private Secretary, Hakeem Muri-Okunola; and Private Secretary, Damilotun Aderemi.
“Those are people who are granted an exception to be here when we’re conducting the business of the nation. Unless I sent it for you, don’t come; make it clear. Secretary to the Government and Head of Service, please take note.
“Unless your staff is included, no one is privileged to have access to sitting in this (the Council Chambers), except those four that I’ve announced to you,” the President warned.
Furthermore, the president commended the bilateral and business discussions conducted with a delegation
from the German government, led by Chancellor Olaf Scholz, on Sunday, offering them high praise.
President Tinubu expressed gratitude to his ministers for their participation in the meeting and encouraged them to explore innovative solutions to accelerate the necessary reforms for investor attraction.
“Yesterday, we had a very good showing, and I thank all of you for sparing your Sunday to attend the national event. The visit of the Chancellor of the Republic of Germany was, to me, a success.
“We needed more time, but we were able to cover a lot of ground and must take our reforms seriously; the investors are interested in us… As I said, investors and investments are cowardly; they don’t follow conflicts. Think outside the box; how can we do things better?” he said.