• 8 oz. (half a 1 pound box) penne rigate pasta
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite size chunks
• 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
• 3/4 cup basil pesto
1. Cook the pasta according to it’s package directions. Before draining the pasta, reserve 1/4 cup of the starchy cooking liquid.
2. As the pasta cooks, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the chicken, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir well to coat the chicken. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove the skillet from the heat.
3. Add the cooked and drained pasta and the pesto to the skillet with the chicken. Stir well.
4. To loosen up the sauce, add some of the reserved starchy cooking liquid, if needed.