Edo State discharges 17 more COVID-19 Patients
Edo State Government, Wednesday said it had discharged 17 more Coronavirus patients from the various isolation centres in the state.
The state governor, Godwin Obaseki who announced the discharge of the patients on his official Twitter handle, said the patients have fully recovered having tested negative for the virus.
“We have discharged 17 more COVID-19 patients from the state’s isolation centres, bringing the total number of those discharged so far to 89.
“Sadly, the death toll from the virus in the state has risen to 17. We salute our resolute frontline workers this period”,he said.
He said of the 336 confirmed cases, 89 persons have been discharged, 17 deaths recorded while 230 active cases are receiving treatment at different isolation centers in the state.