BusinessDay
NigeriaDecides2023

LG partners Zenith Insurance for 80% cover on customer products

LG Electronics has announced its partnership with Zenith Insurance to offer its customers cover against fire and accidental damage on all electronics purchased from any of their authorised outlets.

The pact was signed with the insurance firm with the aim of providing premium service to customers- especially as the electronics giant deepens penetration in the Nigerian market.

 According to Hari Elluru, head of corporate marketing, LG Electronics, West Africa operations, “With the ever-changing tech world we live in, customers are buying and gifting new gadgets and electronics more often than ever. Plus, many of these items are a big investment.

“As a customer-centric brand, we pay attention to the needs and aspirations of our customers. We are enriching lives through our products and want to ensure that our customers don’t have to worry about anything while enjoying their products. When we promise, we deliver. And this is a demonstration of our commitment to enhance our consumer lifestyle in Nigeria”, he said.

Commenting on the partnership, Mohammed Fouani, managing director Fouani Nigeria Limited, major distributor of LG products in Nigeria, said the cover is applicable for the first year of product purchase. To avail this cover, the customer has to pay only 3 percent of the product cost as Insurance premium, which is charged at the point of purchasing the product. At the time of repair or replacement of damaged item, 20 percent cost will be borne by the customer while Zenith Insurance will cover the remaining 80 percent.

 Fouani said “Free Insurance package will be provided for a period of one week on the purchase of LG OLED TVs, Instaview and TWINWash at any Fouani Nigeria Ltd stores.

 “In the event of accidental damage to the insured item, the insured must immediately notify Fouani. Notification by the insured must be made within a maximum of three days from the date of accidental damage.

“After due notification, Fouani can proceed with replacement or repair, following the presentation of original purchase receipt, estimate or repairs/repairs cost and duly completed form”, Fouani explained.

On terms and conditions, Kehinde Borisade, managing director of Zenith Insurance explained that the insurance covers fire and accident damage to household electronics, phones, tablets and computers; especially of the LG brand, purchased from Fouani Nigeria Ltd. It covers for 12 months effective from the date the insurance is activated. Damaged items will be replaced/repaired based on Fouani’s assessment.

 

Jumoke Akiyode-Lawanson

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.