The Senate has reorganised the composition of its standing committees’ leadership.
Senate President Godswill Akpabio, announced the new arrangement shortly after the composition of the minority caucus of the Senate, Tuesday. The rearrangement of the standing committees is taking place three months after its initial composition.
In August, Akpabio announced the composition and leadership of about 72 the standing committees in the upper chamber.
In the new development, Akpabio replaced the committees of the sacked senators with other senators and named some of the new senators as chairmen and vice-chairmen of standing committees.
The new arrangement of standing committees has Jimoh Ibrahim (APC, Ondo South) as Chairman of Inter-Parliamentary Affairs and Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan (PDP, Kogi Central) as Chairman of the Senate Committee on Local Content. Amos Yohanna (PDP, Adamawa North) was named as the Vice-Chairman of the Senate Committee on Niger Delta Affairs, and Yemi Adaramodu (APC, Ekiti South) was named Chairman of the Senate Committee on Youth and Community Engagement.
Below is the full list of the Senate’s new committee leadership:
1. Steel – Patrick Udubueze (Chairman), Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan (Vice-chairman)
2. Tourism – Shuaibu Isa Lau, Ireti Kingigbe (Vice-Chairman)
3. Inter-Parliamentary Affairs – Jimoh Ibrahim (Chairman)
4. State and Local Government Affairs – Binos Yaroe (Chairman), Francis Fadahunsi (Vice Chairman)
5. National Atomic and Nuclear Energy – Sahabi Alhaji Yau (Chairman), Mustapha Khalid Ibrahim (Vice Chairman)
6. Youth and Community Engagement – Yemi Adaramodu (Chairman)
7. Sport Development – Kawu Sumaila (Chairman), Ned Nwoko (Vice Chairman)
8. Niger Delta Affairs – Babajide Ipinsagba (Chairman), Rev. Amos Kumai Yohanna (Vice Chairman)
9. Art, Culture and Creative Economy – Onawo Ogoshi (Chairman), Okechukwu Ezea (Vice Chairman)
10. Defence – Joel Onowakpo (Vice Chairman)
11. Petroleum Downstream – Ifeanyi Ubah (Chairman), Babajide Ipinsagba (Vice Chairman)
12. Solid Minerals Development – Sampson Ekong (Chairman)
13. Niger Delta Amendment Development Commission -Osita Ngwu (Vice Chairman)
14. Establishment and Public Services – Sunday Marshall Katung (Vice Chairman)
15. Housing – (Chairman) Aminu Tambuwal, Victor Umeh (Vice Chairman).
16. Army – (Vice Chairman) Syrial Fasuyi
17. Water Resources – (Vice Chairman) Kenneth Eze
18. Industries- (Vice Chairman) Isa Shuiabu Lau
19. National Planning and Economic Affairs- (Vice Chairman)Colonel Owolo Rtd.
20. Navy – (Vice Chairman) Nasir Zango Daura
21. Social Welfare and poverty alleviation – (Chairman) Idiat Oluranti Adebule.
22. Public Affairs and Public Procurement – (Vice Chairman) Haruna Amanu
23. Committee on Local Content – (Chairman) Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan
24. FCT Area Councils – (Chairman) Jim Kuta (Vice Chairman) Saliu Mustapha
25. Sustainable Development Growth – (Chairman) Muhammed Goje (Vice Chairman) – Patrick Ndubueze
26. Higher Institutions – (Vice Chairman) Abba Moro
27. Drugs and Narcotics – (Vice Chairman) Umar Sodiq
28. Works – (Vice Chairman) Mpigi Barnada