• Thursday, June 20, 2024
businessday logo

BusinessDay

Obaseki sacks media advisors to deputy governor, Shaibu

Only 10% of health facilities in Edo are registered- Obaseki

The Edo State Government has sacked the media crew attached to the Office of the Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu.

Governor Godwin Obaseki directed Shaibu to the Ministry of Communication and Orientation for media coverage of his activities.

Obaseki said this in a statement issued by the Commissioner for Information, Chris Osa Nehikhare on Monday.

Read also: I am loyal to Obaseki, still want to be governor — Shaibu

“This directive followed the unfortunate incident that happened during the colloquium held to mark the 60th anniversary of Midwest Referendum, where some journalists, who claimed to be the media crew of the Deputy Governor, attempted to force their way into the hall where the Governor and other dignitaries were already seated.

Read also: Shaibu: Edo can’t accept ‘Emilokan’ as strategy for winning elections, says Obaseki

“This act was against the accreditation protocol that had been established for the event coverage.

“The orchestrated and stage-managed walkout and disruption is highly regrettable,” Obaseki said.