• Thursday, July 25, 2024
businessday logo

BusinessDay

Fire razes Samsung Digital Centre

FIRE OUTBREAK

There was a fire outbreak Thursday morning at Samsung Digital Centre located at 16 Allen Avenue, Ikeja. The fire, according to an eyewitness started from the generator house at the back of the building.

Officers of the Lagos State fire Service were said to have arrived early at the scene of the incident. Their efforts to put out the fire were complimented by security personnel within the vicinity. As at the time of filing this report, fire-fighters were still battling the fire as several people who were watching at the scene reported seeing heavy smoke coming out of the building.

The Samsung Digital Centre managed by SIMS Nigeria is a one-stop-shop for consumers to interact with a range of the company’s products such as Samsung’s complete range of LCD television and plasma display panels, DVD players, digital video camcorders, home theatre systems, DVD-VHS combo players, audio systems, digital projection televisions and many more. Some of the products come at a premium price, for instance, a Samsung 43” PA43H4900 HD Flat TV cost as much as N145, 000 and Samsung RSA1DTMG SBS with Long Bar Handle refrigerator will set your pocket back at N376, 000.

“Nobody can tell you anything about the level of damage done here. But men of Lagos State Fire Service are here and they are doing everything they can to put out the fire,” said a company representative who spoke to Business Day through telephone. In the meantime, traffic situation around the location is said to have worsened,particularly along Opebi-Allen axis as motorists have been advised to find alternative routes.

No casualties have been reported yet but a medical ambulance is at the scene to take control of any emergency situation.