Our client, a reputable Law Firm in Lagos, is currently in search of a lawyer with a minimum of 10 years of post-call experience in Company Secretarial Practice and Governance Consulting. Possession of LL.M and ICSAN certification is an added advantage. Law Firm experience also an added advantage.
The remuneration package is highly competitive.
- Maintaining the statutory books of client companies as may be necessary;
- Filing returns at Corporate Affairs Commission on behalf of client companies, as may be necessary;
- Filing from time to time, as may be necessary on behalf of client companies, all regulatory/statutory returns as may be required;
- Arranging meetings of the directors and the shareholders of client companies, making necessary arrangements for the convening of such meeting, providing guidance in accordance with applicable laws and constitutional documents at such meetings and taking and producing minutes of the business transacted at such meetings.
- Advising client companies and their respective boards on company administrative and regulatory requirement; as well as contractual rights, significant changes in the company’s structure or management and obligations where applicable.
- Conducting Board inductions/Orientation and supervising the process of on-boarding new directors onto their respective Boards
- Conducting Board evaluations
- Facilitating Board Strategy Sessions
- Preparation of Corporate Governance policies
- Preparation of Governance documents
- Developing Governance frameworks/structures for organizations
- Advising clients on company law and corporate governance issues
- Ensuring clients are kept abreast with new/relevant regulations, developments and trends. • Supporting supervising Partner on business relationship management by engaging in marketing and business development activities to improve the financial growth of the practice area.
- Resolving legal issues presented effectively and without guidance • Driving strategy development and implementation for the practice area. • Assisting with key external relationships including government and regulatory bodies etc.
- Assisting with the development of a team and firm-wide legal and risk strategy • Reviewing and supervising legal work within the team with a primary focus on company secretarial services
- Provision of other services as may be from time to time required of the Company Secretarial function of a company.
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Good leadership and team-building skills
- Strong commercial acumen & negotiation skills
- Have an awareness of business strategy
- Able to transform legal issues into a workable solution within a business context
- People management skill
- Ability to work under and manage pressure
- Ability to use Microsoft office suites
All qualified and interested candidates should forward CV to email@example.com on or before February 21, 2020. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.